The League met with the FA on Thursday 26th November following the government announcement on the new tier system for England.
The main points from that meeting:
- 97% of NLS clubs are either in tier 2 or 3.
- NLS teams have an exemption for travel in respect of players and club officials into and out of a tier 3 area.
- No spectators will be allowed in tier 3.
- Clubhouses in tier 2 & 3 must remain closed.
- Additional funding may be available but this will probably be in the form of a loan rather than a grant although the FA has issued no details at present.
- The FA are still looking to restructure the NLS at the end of the current season.
In light of this the league made the decision to suspend all league fixtures until 18th December. The reason for this decision is that clubs previously indicated that they would not be prepared to play ‘behind closed doors’. Some clubs have told the league that they cannot play without the revenue generated by their clubhouses. The effect of these restrictions on our clubs is not underestimated by the league and we are currently in the process of consulting with Club officials to determine the best way forward for all concerned. Currently the FA Vase fixtures remain active.