6th November 2016
Number 15

News From Around The League

Midweek Action: In a wild Premier Division game at Ironmould Lane, Street survived having two men sent off to win 5-4 away at Brislington, notching the winning goal four minutes into injury time. Two goals from Michael Rimmer had helped Brislington build a 4-3 lead going into the final ten minutes, and with Tom Punchard having been dismissed the home side looked certain to grab all three points. However, Street equalised late on through David O'Hare and despite having Nathan Rudge sent off to leave them with nine men, Jake Mawford pounced in the 94th minute to secure the unlikeliest of wins. Cadbury Heath secured just their second league victory at Springfield this season in some fashion, beating Sherborne Town 6-0 on Wednesday evening. Matthew Huxley notched a hat-trick for the home side, adding to goals from George Boon, Simon McElroy and Harry Churchley in the big win. Cribbs also notched six on Tuesday evening, beating Hallen 6-2 at The Lawns with Jack McKenna scoring twice for the hosts. Further goals were added by Thomas Burns, Rhys Hodgson, George King and Horace Ormsby, with Thomas Collett firing home twice for Hallen. At Shellards Road, Clevedon Town won 2-1 away against Longwell Green Sports thanks to an injury time goal from Samuel Holden, while two goals from Jason Kennard weren't enough for Willand Rovers as they drew 3-3 with ten-men Bitton who equalised in the 92nd minute through Kyle Tooze.

Keynsham Town got back to winning ways in the First Division, with Patrick Davison's 37th minute strike helping them defeat Westbury United 1-0 at Meadow Lane. Warminster Town overcame the red card given to Paul Farrell by defeating Oldland Abbotonians 2-0 thanks to goals from Samuel Clift and Joshua Ferguson, while goals from Daniel Heavey and Benjamin Pring helped Corsham Town draw 2-2 away at Ashton and Backwell United. Cheddar extended their unbeaten run to eight games with a 4-0 win over Chippenham Park with Callum Ham scoring in either half to add to goals from Chris Coombes and Adam Jones.

In the Dorset Senior Cup, Swanage Town & Herston are through to the next round after overturning a half-time deficit to defeat Bridport 3-2.

Premier Division: Bristol Manor Farm have had their lead at the top of the table trimmed after drawing 1-1 at home against Cadbury Heath. After taking the lead thanks to an own goal from Cadbury defender Harry Paice, the visitors clawed back a point thanks to a goal 15 minutes from time through Matt Huxley. Two goals after the break from Gary Higdon and debutant Sam Jordan gave Melksham Town a 2-0 win over Cribbs to cut the gap at the top, while a goal from Ashley Willmott gave Shepton Mallet a 1-0 win over Clevedon Town. Alexandru Stafie scored a brace in Sherborne Town's 3-1 victory over Hallen at Raleigh Grove in a battle between the bottom two sides. At Shellards Road, Odd Down got back to winning ways, with first half goals from Kye Simpson and Mike Baker helping them defeat Longwell Green Sports 2-1, while Matthew Condliffe and Edward Butcher scored after half-time in Bridport's 2-1 win away at Bitton. Neikell Plummer's double and a strike from Josh Williams handed Brislington all three points in their 3-1 win over Willand Rovers, and at The Ridings, Chipping Sodbury Town picked up a valuable point in their 2-2 draw with Buckland Athletic. Wells City fought back from a goal down to draw 1-1 against ten-man Bradford Town. Having seen Dan Cottle open the scoring, Bradford then had Anthony Conradi awarded a red card which handed the initiative to Wells who equalised through Lee Pitman. Gillingham Town scored three second half goals to fight back from two goals down to win 3-2 away at The Tannery Ground against Street.

Division One: Wellington slipped from the top of the table after drawing 1-1 at home to Hengrove Athletic. After taking the lead through Ian Bellinger, Wellington let their lead slip with Ben Crew firing home a tremendous volley just before half-time. Keynsham Town are the new leaders, after goals from Patrick Davison and Samuel Duggan in either half helped them beat Warminster Town 2-1. Westbury United picked up their eighth win of the season with a 3-0 triumph over Bishops Lydeard at Meadow Lane handed to them by goals from George Bendle, Jamie Jordan and Otis Young. Two converted penalties from Joe Walters, plus further goals from Sam Downes and Alex Chapman helped Bishop Sutton topple Calne Town 4-1 at Bremhill View.


PDF Copy